Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Album Review - Tainaka Sachi - LOVE x BEST

This album is really just a best collection of a bunch of singles she put out, but I'm a huge fan of hers so whatever all the same. I suppose then that this review is more on her career as a whole and not just her best album.


Mou Kiss Sarechatta (A song that as a man I really shouldn't enjoy, but do all the same)

Most people know Sachi for her work on anime such as Saiunkoku Monogatari and Fate/stay night. Both anime of...much debatable worth, and songs that were...decent.

A lot of her good stuff comes in the form of her b-sides and the songs appearing on her albums.

Maybe this is a good thing, as anime song singers usually have to either have a very strong, defined voice, or have a really big hit to forever concrete their name. At 15 tracks, it's not a bad size, and features a lot of her better tracks such as Itoshii Hito e, Lipstick, Mata Ashita ne, and Aitai yo. Unfortunately, these being in my opinion her better songs, I'm disappointed in the realization that she simply cannot do harder tracks like Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni.

Her voice just really isn't suited to it.

That said, it's still a good album.

On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7.5
-Kageryu

1 comment:

  1. >A song that as a man I really shouldn't enjoy, but do all the same

    To hell with this, this is good!

    >7.5

    You're a harsher critic than I.

    ReplyDelete