Monday, November 29, 2010

This Week in Anime - Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - 09

This Week in Anime, we'll be looking at Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, episode nine.

A humble episode, this week details a day at home with Kuroneko, as well as a new eroge GET by Kirino.

This hidden side of Kuroneko pulled on my heartstrings a bit.
To see a new side of Kuroneko was a very welcome change. It's funny how she hides her caring older sister stuff with that whole goth girl facade, and all together it makes her pretty charming.

Kirino griping over people already having the game she wants to play, I've been there before...
A majority of this episode is Kirino playing a new game, which was enjoyable for a few reasons.

1. Kirino's reactions are pretty moe.
2. The change in her preference over the characters is strikingly nostalgic, especially for me.
3. I've caught myself making many of the same expressions she does.

After meeting the moe character in the new eroge. I've caught myself making that stupid "ehehehehe" laugh myself many times.   


That perverted licking of the lips is also an expression I'm familiar with as I choose which girl to go after first in an eroge. (Spoiler, typically the maids)

Finally, the rich girl version of mai waifu, Saori.


Seeing Saori get a little bit of focus is a plot element all too late. The OG otaku characters usually strike a major chord with me, be they bros like Madarame from Genshiken or Saori from this show, I usually find myself attached to them the most.

She also speaks with the really rustic Samurai accent, and that's pretty sexy.

The next episode is going to be awesome just because it'll have mai waifu in a maid dress.
Kirino finishes the tsundere route in her eroge.
The game itself, at least, what was presented of it, sounded pretty cliche, so I doubt I would have enjoyed it. But at the very least, I can relate to the defeated expression one has upon clearing a game, knowing that it's all over.

This subplot was pretty charming.
A lesser plot line this episode was the fact that the three of them are now considerably good friends, as they all have this picture in their respective rooms. Kirino and Kuroneko fight a lot, but as the saying goes, enemies don't eat from the same plate.

All in all, for all it's story faults and stagnatation, I'm still really enjoying this show, and my week just won't be complete if I don't watch this every Sunday.

That said, I also want to that the guys at Mazui subs for pulling through for us and getting subs out despite their hiccups this week.

-Kageryu

1 comment:

  1. I thought Kuroneko was extremely cute this episode. Seeing her in a track suit was a very nice touch to me.

    ReplyDelete