Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nothing in Particular - So, I've been looking for a job lately.

If there's anything that could be said about me, it's that I'm as much normal as I am abnormal. I've always been known for being capable of playing any role, regardless of what actually reflects me. That said, I'm actually quite picky on what kind of employment I'm willing to seek out.

I only go after positions that I feel will challenge my intelligence and skills, that means manual labor is out of the picture, as are menial tasks like janitorial or shop clerks. Granted, I have personal experience in all these for reasons I don't feel like going into.

Recently, I've been looking at a position as tech support for a major computer technology company, I won't say which, because I'm not sure if that would be a bad thing or not.

Some people I know say the easiest way to ride the easy train as a NEET and hikkikomori is to ride the government, and while that may work for some, what few inches of pride I have left simply won't allow me to do so. (Of course, to those that are, more power to you)

Plus, I'm in impeccable health, and my military record will dash any attempt I make to prove otherwise to the Feds.

I'm actually quite excited, as a full time position, at least, the position I'm seeking, will allow me to finally buy all the figures I've wanted to buy and start buying the stuff I can't simply pirate.

And, as much as I hate to admit it and hate doing it, I'm pretty capable of talking to people when I myself am at the most, indirectly involved in the conversation.

-Kageryu

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you on your job search. I've been looking for a job the past couple months to buy more figures as well, but with no recent experience or references...yeah.

    >my military record

    You were in the military before? I would like to hear your thoughts about it if you're willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for a little bit, so there isn't much to say.

    It's just that I'm technically a veteran and all that good stuff, so if I claim that I have some kind of mental disorder to coax free money out of the government, they'll just look at my military record and see I'm full of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Job searching? Heh..

    Your high standards will serve to make it even more troublesome. Still, good luck!

    >Only for a little bit, so there isn't much to say.

    I'd still like to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it abnormal to be normal these days?

    Or perhaps on the internet, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >And, as much as I hate to admit it and hate doing it, I'm pretty capable of talking to people when I myself am at the most, indirectly involved in the conversation.

    I'm pretty much the same way, talking to someone 1 on 1 is frightening for me but in a larger setting its easier to be natural. Not sure how this'll help job prospects, I'm also looking for a job but having all those people pleasing skills I lack will make it difficult.

    ReplyDelete