Saturday, December 11, 2010

This Week in Anime - Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - 10

The openings for this show always look so good.
Tamura Yukari steals the stage, this week in anime.

This week will be a bit of a switch, combining the amount of screenshots typically reserved for Nothing But Screenshots, with the commentary reserved for This Week in Anime. This is because I haven't been around recently, and you guys deserve better than the usual.

Tamura Yukari must love this show more than I do, because this episode she made some serious bank. These three characters are all voiced by her and all have pigtails. Honestly, I found the fact that she has so much exposure through several characters to be more funny than anything else in the episode, which says a lot because I really enjoyed this one.

For as worthless a scene as it is, this little magical battle between Kirino and Kuroneko was beautifully animated, the studio behind this show is really throwing their weight around to make it stand out each week.

Kirino in the rain with a tear running down her cheek, foreshadowing, just good scenery? There's a lot of speculation behind the supposed ending in just a few episodes, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I love that tsundere head shake.
Ow.
The way she's showing him the crane game makes me think Kyosuke has never seen a crane game before. Hasn't he ever been to a Denny's?
Lol, Fate joke.
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Ow.
This actually isn't that far from how I look now.

My moonrunes are a little foggy, but I imagine Kuroneko and Saori supplied the cosplay.
First she's sweet and Nanoha.
Then she's a bitch and Yamada.
Something about this defeated, tired look is just funny.
Ayase really shows another side of herself in this little scene. Essentially, she tricks Kanakana into cosplaying by sending the van with her clothes in it away before she realizes what she's wearing, then acts like she didn't think of it.
"What the shit!?"
"I look like a ripoff of Cardcaptor Sakura and Pretty Cure!"
"Oops! And now your clothes are being sniffed up by some pervert van driver!"
"You bitch!"
It's actually all pretty charming.

More Tamura Yukari.
I've actually seen groups like this at anime conventions.
Of course, Kirino is part of them.
Ow.
I'm curious if they had her record this sequence twice, or if she just changed pitches.
Lol, ahoge.
This scene was actually really, really well animated. I was a little surprised.
How do you get a nosebleed from 3D? I don't understand it...
This entire scene is actually really good, they reuse some animation, and you can see where the funding went, but all in all it's fun and poppy, really upbeat and can put me in a good mood even after a bad day.
Kira!

Kirino does it too.
As far as Otagei goes, this is pretty accurate. I've actually done Otagei, and it's just one big orchestrated mess.
Ow. Kyosuke better start smacking some bitches or they're going to break something.
Her smug attitude is voiced with a mixture of Yamada from B Gata H Kei, and just a hint of Nanoha's cuteness.
She threw the figure away, what a bitch.
Ayase didn't return with her clothes and she got arrested. Good, that's what she gets for trashing the figure.

Artwork done by Noizi Itou of Haruhi and Shana fame.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy these posts. Saying that your pictures and comments are great would be an understatement.

    ReplyDelete