Saturday, December 18, 2010

This Week in Anime - Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - 11

This week in anime, we have OreImo episode 11, the second to last episode of the show, it sets the stage for the final episode where it'll wrap everything up.

It's been a good run thus far, lets see if the show can keep it's pace and quality and go out properly.

This reminds me of a scene in Tsukihime.


I've never actually had the experience of someone almost walking in while I was playing an eroge.
It seems that Kyousuke is actually quite into eroge now, playing them openly without Kirino's provocation. It shows quite an expansion and evolution of his character.
Do they actually have these emergency escape key features? I've never used them.
His mom is potentially one of my favorite characters.
His mother seems to know quite a bit more than she lets on. I mean, his father obviously has a clue that they deal with things behind the shadows, but to what extent of their relationship does the mother already know about? After all, her impression of Kirino in this scene is just priceless.
Yeah, potentially one of my favorites.
You could never tell by looking at her that she's a bitch.
Once again the OP is just flawless, although many things change from episode to episode, the OP song never loses it's appeal and the quality is simply always astounding all the time. Especially for a show without a huge following and a truly renowned studio.
Loooove that OP quality.
Who's this girl supposed to be again? I've forgotten who she is from her lack of screen time.
Lol, old school Street Fighter character select screen jokes.
175cm is pretty normal I guess, Saori is taller than he is though.
And she weighs more too, but look at that 88 bust, that's mai waifu for you.
For as minor friend-zoned a character as she is, I have to admit I do like her at times.
Smallest bust in the show, but that's not particularly a disadvantage.
They reused this scene, but that's also not a bad thing since it's a pretty good scene.
Still love that closeup.
I can't hate that face.
Skipping right through half of the episode, maid party GET!
Honestly, for the sheer amount of characters in this show, most of them have gotten an episode to themselves, or at least a segment. Saori on the other hand, for the most part hasn't.

To be frank, that's my major gripe about this show.
Those glasses honestly make her character, and she looks damn good in a maid outfit.
I actually have something of a maid fetish, so this was nothing short of the best kind of service for me.
Oh god. I think I'm going to have a heart attack.
Heart...getting...weak...
Chest...so tight...I can't breath.
Can't...breath...what is going....
--HNN
--NNNNNNGGG!!!!!
Moving onward, they honestly could have made a bit bigger deal of the reveal of the maid outfits. Kind of disappointing.
There's actually quite a bit to observe in these scenes, you can see a very deep relationship between the three friends, as well as a really obvious crush Kirino has on Kyousuke that she has yet to accept. A little obvious and very cliche, yes, but still done very well.
The art variety is still as lovely as ever.
Ohhh shit this scene was so great, Kuroneko's impression of Kirino was just classic.
I sense a doujin of this exact scenario coming up at Winter Comiket.
I really hope she gets a phenomenal last scene in the next episode.
This scene...
Seriously, the way she says "Nii-san" destroyed my nut bladder in 0.00001 seconds.
The proceeding scene is where this episode really sticks out. It shows a serious patience Kyousuke has as well as a hidden desire to help and care for his sister. Those familiar with the novels know a little more about the hidden messages here, the meaning behind their distanced relationship, and etc. But for those unfamiliar with the extended universe such as myself, it's still a truly lovely scene.
Kirino redeamed herself as a character here for me. For all her bitchyness, it makes a world of sense when you see her ulterior motives.
Kirino gets my approval to be OTP.
Love that face.
But I love that face more.
Seriously, some of the character development and evolution, conflict and resolution here is just adorable and very entertaining to watch. For as simple a story as it is, and cliche among the tens of dozens of shows that come out with a story similar to this, I have to admit that this has been most definitely my most favorite show of the season. Maybe even the year.
That'll do, imouto.
...That'll do.
Who is this artist? I know I've seen that style before...Steins;Gate?
Stay tuned next week for the final installment of This Week in Anime - Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

3 comments:

  1. Your commentary is golden.

    I should catch up on this. Fucking backlog procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm working on Disapperance of Haruhi Suzumiya and Macross F Music Clip collection posts right now. Hope to have those done by the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuroneko is my favorite in this series and that one line obliterated my nutbladder. It's a shame this show only has 13 episodes.

    ReplyDelete